All intern candidates must review and agree to compliance with the following:
All intern candidates:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Must have experience serving on at least two prior mission trips with PIC.
- Must have a willing heart to serve tirelessly. Interning is fun and rewarding, but also a lot of work.
Must be a believer and follower of Christ, and have accepted Christ as savior.
If you meet the above requirements, and wish to proceed with applying for an internship position, it is important that you understand and agree with the following rules and policies if accepted:
- The Executive Director of Partners In Christ (PIC) will approve or deny all intern applicants.
- The intern must agree to comply with all PIC rules and policies, written or communicated, at all times while serving in Nicaragua
- The intern candidate and the Executive Director will discuss and agree upon the exact time of service in Nicaragua.
- It is very important that the intern applicant understands that their primary role while serving in Nicaragua with PIC will be to assist the in country director in his daily role with mission teams in whatever manner he/she may ask of you.
- All interns will be subject to a probationary period of one week. At the end of the probationary period, the Directors of PIC will determine if the intern will complete the remainder of the anticipated internship period. Furthermore, if at any time the Directors determine that it is not in the best interest of the ministry for the internship to continue, then the internship will be terminated.
- The intern will be responsible for booking and paying for their own airfare, required or suggested injections, medicines, passports, and fees of any kind. Please confirm dates with Executive Director prior to booking.
- The Intern will be responsible for the cost of travel/medical insurance and other nominal fees totaling $25.00 per week, payable to PIC prior to serving.
- All meals at PIC and in country transportation will be provided at no cost. Any meals consumed off site are at the interns expense.
- A PIC intern must always represent himself as a good ambassador for PIC and for Christ while serving in Nicaragua.
- The intern is not to
ask the Nicaragua Field Director to take them to places outside their normal
daily routines and places of travel.
- The intern shall use no tobacco or alcoholic beverages while serving in Nicaragua.
- The intern shall make no agreements or promises with anyone in Nicaragua on behalf of PIC.
- The intern is not permitted to leave the PIC grounds alone without prior permission from the on site director.
- All female interns are expected to dress modestly each day and set the example for others. Furthermore, female interns should only wear a one piece bathing suit when an opportunity arises to swim.
- The intern is to respect and obey all instructions from the director or any PIC staff.
- The intern may be asked at times to help with social media posts or blogging.
- The intern should be prepared to share their testimony and lead staff devotions when asked.
Ready to Apply for an Internship?